Welcome to the website of the Australian Consulate-General in Kolkata.
This office is responsible for Australia’s trade, commercial and investment interests in the eastern and north eastern Indian states of West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim and Tripura.
For Australians requiring consular assistance outside of business hours, you may call the Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra on +61 2 62613305Consular and Passport services.. If they cannot resolve your issue from Canberra, they will make contact with a consular official in India who will get in touch with you. See
Passport services will continue to be provided by the Australian High Commission in New Delhi, until further notice.
The Australian Consulate-General in Kolkata does not process or advise on visa, migration or citizenship applications.
Australian Consulate-General in Kolkata
1A, Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Kolkata 700-071
West Bengal, India
Tel: +91 11 4910 5980
Email: a[email protected] (General enquiries)
- Australian High Commission in India and Visas and Citizenship section
- Smartraveller website for information on COVID-19 and travel
- Australian Department of Home Affairs information on Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Australian Department of Health information on COVID-19
- Further information from the Australian Government
- Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- For extension of Indian visas, apply online through FRRO/FRO.
DFAT's Consular Emergency Centre, Canberra (24 hour helpline): +61 2 6261 3305
News and Events
Opening of the Australian Consulate-General Kolkata
The Australian Consulate-General opened on 26 March 2019. For more information, see the "About Us" section.